Free Online Travel Event with Norwegian Cruise Line
Photo: Couple enjoying a surfing experience
Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea with a wide variety of accommodations options, including The Haven by Norwegian®, a luxury enclave with suites, private pools and dining, concierge service and personal butlers. Norwegian Cruise Line sails around the globe, offering guests the freedom and flexibility to explore the world on their own time and experience up to 28 dining options, award-winning entertainment, superior guest service and more across all of the brand’s 15 ships.
Learn more about what you can expect when you choose to sail with Norwegian Cruise Lines by attending this Free Online Event.
DATE: Aug 19, 2020
TIME: 20:00 EDT
Your host for the evening will be Cindy Girard.
Hello everyone! My name is Cindy Girard and I am Business Development Manager at Norwegian Cruise Line. I was born and raised in France and I have been living in Toronto since 2016. Part of my role is to work very closely with our travel partners. Indeed, they do have a very special relationship with us so we can ensure they always know about the best deals for their customers and get answers to all questions they might have for us!
Q: Tell us a bit about Norwegian Cruise Line and the products and services you offer.
Norwegian Cruise Line has been the premier innovator in the cruise line industry for over 51 years. We were the first to eliminate set dining times and provide guests with the freedom to cruise on their schedule to over 450 incredible destinations around the world. Our award-winning fleet provides an unparalleled onboard experience and will continue to expand with the introduction of Norwegian Encore in 2019 and the arrival of our Leonardo Class ships starting in 2022. Guests are welcomed aboard with a wide variety of complimentary and specialty dining options, entertainment that ranges from live music and comedy to shows straight from Broadway and our wide range of accommodations that are perfect for any type of traveller. In the coming years, Norwegian’s commitment to innovation will continue to raise the bar for the cruise industry.
Q: In which countries does Norwegian Cruise Line offer cruises to? What are key hotspots?
We go to 450 incredible destinations around the world! Where to next? Norwegian Cruise Line will take you there. Only Norwegian Pride of America sails year-round from Honolulu and takes you to 4 islands in 7 days. The best way to experience Alaska is with the youngest fleet cruising the Last Frontier. Visit the Old Continent with "Europe's Leading Cruise Line" 12 years running. Our private island paradise, Great Stirrup Cay, and The Caribbean's premier resort-style destination, Harvest Caye, along with our amazing sailings, have earned us the title of "Caribbean's Leading Cruise Line" seven years in a row.
Photo: Couple enjoy a cocktail in the Encore Observation Lounge
Q: What types of tours does Norwegian Cruise Line offer, and which types of travellers does Norwegian Cruise Line cater to?
All in one word: FREESTYLE!
Norwegian Cruise Line's Freestyle Cruising set the industry standard by offering guests the freedom of flexibility to vacation their way with freedom and flexibility: Guests can eat what, where, when and with whom they want. (Our ships have up to 29 dining options.) Guests can dress the way they want to dress. At the end of their cruise, they get off the ship whenever and however works best for them (within reason, of course…). Norwegian Cruise Line offers the widest choice of accommodations of any cruise line, the largest suites and the most interconnecting suites and staterooms. Most Balcony staterooms offer floor-to-ceiling doors that open to a private veranda. Norwegian Cruise Line also offers:
• The first staterooms for solo travellers
• Penthouses and suites, which feature a living area, dining area, private balcony and bedroom with a queen-size bed
• The Haven by Norwegian, aboard and all Breakaway Plus Class, Breakaway Class, Norwegian Epic and all Jewel Class ships, are elegant suite and villa in The Haven provides you with the finest amenities, and the expert services of our concierge and 24-hour certified butlers. When you step outside your residence, enter a secluded Courtyard with pool where you can spend your sea days relaxing, dining and enjoying exquisite privacy.
AN EXPERIENCE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Experience an unforgettable family vacation with Norwegian Cruise Line. From dodge ball to cupcake decorating, there are lots of activities all over our ships for every age group. Plus, kids can learn to juggle at Circus School in Splash Academy and teens have the coolest themed parties in Entourage – our complimentary youth programs. These are the moments you’ll remember. Cruise Norwegian and see why we were voted Best Family Experience by Travel Weekly.
SOLO TRAVELLER? WELCOME ON BOARD!
- Best for Solo Travellers - Cruise Critic's 2019 Editors' Picks Awards
- Best Cruise Line for Solo Travellers 5 years in a row - Porthole Magazine
Whether you're taking some me time on a cruise, just happen to be the odd number person in a group, or think it's best you and your buddy get your own rooms, Norwegian Cruise Line gives you plenty of options to plan your singles cruise vacation. Solo travellers, rejoice! Norwegian offers a Solo Cruiser Discount with reduced single supplements for regular staterooms on select cruises (meaning you'll pay less than double the cruise fare)! Eligible sailings and staterooms change often, so don't wait to book this solo cruise deal.
Photo: Cruise guests enjoying a night onboard Bliss
Bask in the bright lights of Broadway with performances like Kinky Boots, a six-time Tony Award® winner and exclusively at sea aboard Norwegian; fan-favourite Jersey Boys or Footloose. Watch in awe as world-class acrobats and aerialist twirl through the air in Cirque Dreams. Spend every day discovering award-winning entertainment that's beyond anything at sea.
Ready for a Great Time? CRUISE SHIP ACTIVITIES
With some of the newest ships in the industry, Norwegian Cruise Line currently boasts the youngest fleet among major North American cruise lines. Thanks to a wide range of revolutionary features, in addition to a number of new spaces and interactive experiences meant to excite and inspire, you're guaranteed a vacation like no other. Come get your cruise on to get your game on. Norwegian's innovative ships have taken onboard activities to new heights. Cruise into adrenaline-pumping activities in our ThrillPlex activity zones that'll keep you on the edge of your seat. Zoom around one of the largest race tracks at sea. Discover larger-than-life adventures during an exciting game of augmented reality laser tag. Hang with friends on the largest ropes course at sea and then whoosh over the side of the ship on Ocean Loops in the Aqua Park. Or dive into a world unlike any other in the Galaxy Pavilion and immerse yourself in a virtual gaming wonderland. Get in the zone for the biggest thrills at sea with Norwegian.
LATITUDES REWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAM
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we value and reward our loyal guests and take pride in our Latitudes Rewards program. We enhanced the benefits at all tier levels to make the cruising experience with Norwegian even more rewarding. When making a new booking, we encourage you to enter your existing Latitudes Rewards number in order for you to be accurately credited your Latitudes points and receive the onboard benefits you earned.
Q: How is Norwegian Cruise Line making an impact in local communities?
SAIL & SUSTAIN ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM - We remain committed to being a responsible corporate citizen by fostering a culture of awareness and respect for our world's resources. Our core company values extend beyond our ships and encourages the preservation of the precious natural resources that are integral to our success. Our ability to offer fantastic guest experiences relies on the clean and healthy marine environment and well-being of the destinations we visit.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- HURRICANE DORIAN RELIEF EFFORTS
- RAISED $2 MILLION FOR ALL HANDS AND HEARTS TO ASSIST WITH EMERGENCY RESPONSE EFFORTS ACROSS THE BAHAMAS
- NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY DELIVERED HURRICANE RELIEF SUPPLIES DONATED BY NCL EMPLOYEES AND COMMUNITY
Q: If you had to recommend just one cruise to travellers who truly want to make a positive impact on the destination they’re visiting, which tour would you recommend and why?
Choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your next cruise already makes an impact, no matter where you are going: NCL BECAME THE FIRST MAJOR GLOBAL CRUISE COMPANY TO BECOME PLASTIC BOTTLE FREE OVER SIX MILLION PLASTIC BOTTLES WILL BE ELIMINATED EACH YEAR!
Photo: Go cart race track onboard Bliss
Q: What makes Norwegian Cruise Line unique?
WE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN THE MOST INNOVATING CRUISELINE AND WE WILL CERTAINLY KEEP DOING IT! NEED PROOF?
• Norwegian created Freestyle Cruising that provides freedom and flexibility on a cruise vacation. Designed to meet the changing needs of cruise passengers, guests are offered a more relaxed, resort style cruise with complete flexibility and service of the highest standard.
• Norwegian’s “Dive-In” snorkeling program was the first of its kind.
• Norwegian was the first cruise line to provide an uninhabited “out island” or private island experience at Great Stirrup Cay.
• Norwegian was the first in the industry to offer big-name entertainers and full Broadway productions with fully equipped theaters.
• Norwegian was the first to offer a nationwide air/sea program, combining cruise, hotel and transfers from more than 150 U.S. and Canadian cities.
• Norwegian was the first to offer a kid’s program at sea in 1980, as well as the first waterparks at sea.
• Norwegian was the first cruise line to launch a website.
• Norwegian introduced the first internet café.
• Norwegian was the first line to offer Wi-Fi fleetwide for guests at sea in 2002.
• Norwegian introduced the first bowling alley at sea in 2006.
• Norwegian Epic was the first cruise ship to offer the first ice bar at sea with a bar, walls, tables, stools, glasses and life-size sculptures made with ice.
• Norwegian was the first to offer solo staterooms for solo travellers
Photo: closing number of Kinky Boots Broadway style show onboard